1. The international competition EMONA 2023 will be held at the Conservatory of Music and Ballet Ljubljana from 16th to 21ST January 2023.
2. The international competition of young woodwind players Emona 2023 is intended for musicians who are still a part of the educational process.
3. Competition disciplines are: flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, basson
4. Competitors are divided into five age categories (cat.):
5. The musicians in the cat. I and II compete separately, depending on the instrument; musicians in cat. III and IV compete against each other regardless of the instrument.
6. The competition results will be published after the last competitor in each category. They will be published at the info desk, on the competition's website and on the KGBL Facebook profile.
7. Competitors must play from the original scores.
8. Repetitions are carried out as specified or in its sole discretion, if the required program length would be exceeded. In the case of cyclical compositions, the selected program can be performed individually, if the required program length would be exceeded.
9. The candidate can choose the order of performance himself.
10. Solo parts of the obligatory pieces for the categories I and II will be published on the competition’s website till the 11th September 2022.
11. The order of the competitors in all rounds is arranged in an alphabetical order by their last names, starting with the letter E.
12. The competitors will have the possibility to play with an official accompanist.
13. Application form will be available on the 15th September 2022. The application deadline is 5th December 2022.
14. The application fee is 70€. After the closing of the application the organizer will send an invoice to be covered within required days.
15. Participants must submit an online application form and obligatory attached the scores (scan) of the music in .pdf form.
16. In case of too many applicants, the order of the applications will be considered.
17. If the candidate cancels his participation, the registration fee will not be refunded.
18. The competition is open to the public. The organizer retains the right to audio-visual recordings and broadcasting.
19. By applying, the competitors allow the organizer (Conservatory of Music and Ballet Ljubljana) the recording of their performance as well as data and material processing exclusively for the publication of the results and promotion of the EMONA festival.