1. The competition is open for pianists of all nationalities not older than 35 years of age, and is divided into five age categories. The relevant category is determined by the age of the candidate on the day of the beginning of the competition, 3rd December 2020.
2. Application deadline is Monday, 2nd November 2020.
The application must contain:
3. Application fee for all categories is 80 €.
The application fee is to be paid to:
Konservatorij za glasbo in balet Ljubljana
Ižanska c. 12, 1000 Ljubljana
Account no. (at Banka Slovenije): SI56011006030698874, BIC (SWIFT): BSLJSI2X.
Reference no.: SI00 760009-38
Upon payment DON'T FORGET to indicate (as the PURPOSE OF TRANSACTION) the NAME OF THE COMPETITOR!
The application fee is non-refundable in case of a candidate's withdrawal.
4. The organizer can limit the maximum number of competitors, in which case the order of the applications received will be considered.
5. The printed scores of Janez Matičič's compositions are available on the website of Slovenian’s Composers Society (www.dss.si).
6. The programme is performed entirely from memory (except for the obligatory work marked with *).
7. Awards will be presented at the final concert on 10th December 2020.
8. Recipients of the first and special prizes commit themselves to perform at the final concert free of charge. Otherwise, they lose the right to a prize.
9. A jury member must abstain from voting in case of a teaching relationship or kinship with a candidate.
10. The jury has the right to stop the performance if the candidate exceeds the prescribed time limit.
11. The order of the performance of the competitors will be in the alphabetical order starting with the letter M (Matičič).
12. When registering, competitors must present a valid identity document.
13. When registering, competitors must submit original printed score of the obligatory work that they have selected in each category.
14. The results will be announced after the closing of performances in each category.
15. The competition is open for public and the organizer reserves the right to photograph, record, film and web stream or broadcast any part of the competition events.
16. Competitors must grant the competition the sole and exclusive right to use of photographs and recordings in perpetuity, and irrevocably waive, in favour of the competition, the benefit of all moral rights and performer’s rights arising under the Copyright or under the laws of any jurisdiction. No fee is payable to any competitor on account of these performances or any recordings or broadcasts of them. All materials will be used solely with a purpose to publicize the results and to promote the 2nd International Piano Competition Janez Matičič 2020.
17. The jury decisions are final.
18. By registering, the competitor confirms that he accepts the conditions of the 2nd International Piano Competition Janez Matičič 2020.